Upon your initial inquiry, I will provide you with an estimated completion date for your commission. Please be aware that I usually have a waiting list for commissions so it is best to book your slot early to avoid missing out, especially during busy periods such as Christmas.
Purchasing a commission from my Etsy shop before confirming timelines then asking me to deliver it in under a month is a big no-no, especially if you are not within the UK, please don’t do this or I might have to immediately cancel your order and refund you! Always message me first if you have a very close deadline, I will try to have a shuffle round of orders to fit you in if possible.
If I am fully booked, I do also offer printable gift vouchers as an alternative if you want a personal touch to your gift that your receiver can redeem at their leasure.
When it’s your turn in the wait list queue, I will let you know that I am making a start on your portrait. Normally it takes me 3-6 weeks to complete a commission, however during peak times (especially Christmas) it may take me a little longer. Please be sure to let me know if there is a specific deadline for your commission (e.g. for a birthday, Christmas or anniversary) to ensure it will be completed before that date.
Gift vouchers are valid for 2 years from the date of issue. They can be of any monetary value of your choosing, and can be redeemed against any commission or item of sale in my shop. They cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash, and I do not give change if the voucher value is partially unspent.
PRINTS AND REPRODUCTIONS
I work with my printers to get colours that are as close to the original drawing as possible. Your fine art print is made using high quality archival paper and pigment-based inks, meaning that the colours will stay beautifully rich and won’t fade or yellow for many decades. The 100% cotton, 255gsm paper has a matte, subtle watercolour paper texture.
Reproductions of the artwork by the client or a 3rd party are not permitted. If you would like additional prints of your commission for personal use, please get in touch with me and I will provide them at an additional cost.
IF THERE IS DAMAGE DURING TRANSIT
In the unlikely event of your artwork arriving damaged, please get in touch with me immediately with photos of the damage to the artwork and packaging. Depending on the extent of the damage, the artwork must be sent back to me and I will draw a new portrait for you at no additional cost. Your replacement portrait will be added to my wait list – if it was a gift with a deadline I will provide you with a free printable gift voucher so that you still have something to give your giftee on their special day in the meantime while I work on completing your replacement artwork.
CANCELLATIONS AND RETURNS
You have a money-back guarantee on your order from the date of your first payment up until the point that I begin working on your commission if you wish to cancel. If I have already commenced work on the portrait, the paid amount will be retained as loss of business, to cover the artist’s time and administration from correspondence, mock-up creation and materials used.
Every commission is handled with extreme care. The ultimate goal is to create an artwork that you are happy with and can enjoy for years to come. Please let me know if you have any issues with your order and I will do my best to resolve them.
In purchasing a commissioned work off me, you agree to the following terms:
– The artwork will be produced in the style of the artist, but as there are variations in the creative process the client should expect a unique work. The portrait will be based on photographic images of the subject, provided by the client. The primary source of photographic images used for the pose in the artwork will be chosen by the artist and agreed to by the client.
– Due to the permanent nature of pencil mediums it is not possible to make adjustments to the artwork once it is completed. If adjustments are required then please inform me asap during the creation process of the artwork.
– The client retains the rights to all photos that they provide and agree to the royalty-free use of these photos to the artist for the creation of the portrait.
– The artist reserves the right to use reproductions of the portrait to promote her work. This includes the right to display reproductions of the work on the artist’s website and on social media posts.
– The artist retains the copyright in and to the work and nothing in this agreement should be read in a way that transfers such rights.